—Information accurate as of: build 904.83
The Recycler is a machine that breaks items and components into raw materials. An item at maximum condition will return about 50% of its crafting.
The Recycler is currently un-craftable but can be found at most Monuments (Warehouses and Supermarkets in particular), but not at the Sphere Tank (aka The Dome). It can be used to recycle unwanted components and items into raw materials.
Only one player may view the contents of a recycler at a time, this prevents theft while recycling within a safe zone.
It has 6 input and 6 output slots, if there aren't any free output slots available the recycler will stop working and the overflow of materials will drop on the ground in front of it.
Running the recycler does not currently cost anything.
Note: Items recycled at less than 100% durability will yield less than stated amounts
- Auto Turret = 20 HQM, 1 CCTV Camera (50% chance), 1 Targeting Computer (50% chance)
- Bandage = 2 Cloth
- Beenie Hat = 8 Cloth
- Building Plan = 10 Wood
- Binoculars = 3 HQM, 1 Gear (30% chance)
- Bota Bag = 5 Cloth
- Camp Fire = 50 Wood
- Ceiling Light = 25 Metal Frags, 15 Low Grade Fuel
- Code Lock = 50 Metal Frags
- Coffee Can Helmet = 30 Metal Frags, 8 Cloth
- Compound Bow = 50 Wood, 38 Metal Frags, 1 Rope
- Custom SMG = 10 HQM, SMG Body (50% chance), Spring (50% chance)
- Chainlink Fence = 38 Metal Frags
- Chainsaw = x 3 HQM, x1 Gears, x3 Metal Blades
- Drop Box = 100 Metal Frags
- Empty Propane Tank = 1 Scrap, 50 Metal Frags
- Eoka Pistol = 38 Wood, 15 Metal Frags
- Fuse = 20 Scrap
- Flare = 5 Gunpowder, 5 Metal Frags
- Fridge = 38 Metal Frags
- Flashlight = 15 Frags
- Flame Turret = 5 HQM, 1 Metal Pipe, 3 Propane Tanks, 2 Gears
- Hammer = 50 Wood
- Handmade Shell = 2 Stone, 2 Gunpowder
- Hazmat Suit = 3 Tarp 1 Sewing Kit 4 HQM
- Large Medkit = 1 Medical Syringe, 25 Low Grade
- Mace = 50 Wood, 25 Metal Frags
- Metal Chest Plate = 13 HQM, 25 Leather, 4 Sewing Kit
- Water Bucket = 10 Metal Frags
- Miners Hat = 8 Cloth, 5 Low Grade, 25 Metal Frags
- Nailgun Nails = 1 Metal Frag
- Pickaxe = 50 Wood, 63 Metal Frags
- Prison Cell Wall = 100 Metal Frags
- Mining Quarry = 5k Wood, 1k Metal Frags, 8 Gears
- Rifle Ammo 5.56 = 2 Metal Frags, 1 Gunpowder
- Rug = 50 Cloth
- Rock = 5 Stone
- Reactive Target = 50 Wood, 75 Metal Frags, 1 Gear
- Reinforced Glass Window = 25 Metal Frags
- Salvaged Cleaver = Some amount of Metal Frags relative to it's remaining durability, + a chance for a Road Sign
- Satchel Charge = 2 Beancan Grenades, 1 Small Stash, 1 Rope
- Sewing Kit = 10 Cloth, 2 Rope
- Sheet Metal Door = 150 Wood, 75 Metal Frags
- Sheet Metal Double Door = 150 Metal Frags
- Shop Front = 150 Wood
- Sleeping Bag = 15 Cloth
- Snap Trap = 25 Metal Frags, 1 Gear (~30 % chance)
- Spinning Wheel = 75 Metal Frags
- Spring = 10 Scrap, 1 HQM
- Tuna Can Lamp = 1 Empty Tuna Can, 10 Wood, 5 Low Grade Fuel
- Timed Explosive Charge = 10 Explosives, 3 cloth, 1 Tech Trash
- Water Jug = 50 Metal Frags
- Wooden Arrow = 7 Wood, 3 Stone
- Wooden Barricade = 150 Wood
- Wood Armor Pants = 100 Wood
- Wood Chestplate = 150 Wood
- Wood Shutters = 100 Wood
- Wooden Spear = 150 Wood
- Frog Boots will not yield anything when recycled (25/07/18).
- If a Water Jug containing water is recycled it's water value will reset to 0 just before it is recycled.
- Non-recyclable items can be placed in the Recycler. Examples include Diving Masks, Diving Tanks, Radiation Pills, Blueprints and raw materials.
- The Recycler can be used as a means of trading. However, it is less secure than using a Shop Front as you are not protected while transferring items into it.
- You can jump on top of the Recycler.