—Information accurate as of: build 904.83
The Pumpkin is a food item that can be found growing at riversides and planted around the world by players. It is one of the 3 items that are currently involved with the farming system in Experimental Rust, the others being Corn and Hemp Fibers. When eaten, a pumpkin restores 10 health, 100 hunger, and 15 thirst. Eating a Pumpkins also give the player a single Pumpkin Seed upon consumption, which can be planted and grown into another pumpkin.
Wild pumpkins can be found growing along riversides amongst wild Corn. Upon harvesting a wild Pumpkin plant; you will recieve a Pumpkin Seed along a single pumpkin. Like Mushrooms and Corn, they can be eaten. When eaten, a single pumpkin will give you a single Pumpkin Seed, which then can be planted. Each seed will yield only one Pumpkin unless it is watered.
- Pumpkins can be placed on the player's head and worn as headwear.
- Pumpkins used to have durability when worn on the player's head. The more damage the pumpkin took, the less hunger, thirst, and health it would provide.
- Pumpkins were introduced as part of a new farming system in Experimental Rust.
- Pumpkins, alongside Corn, used to be able to be harvested earlier than intended. Eating said unripe corn or pumpkins would then provide the player with less hunger, thirst, and health.
- Pumpkins are currently one of three cultivars, the others being Corn (also edible), and Hemp Fibers, used for Crafting.