The Mushroom is a food item that is commonly found on the ground, especially in beach areas and dirt patches in forests. They do spawn over time, and can be picked off of the ground and eaten for small nutritional benefits. Mushrooms are usually in sparse clusters, so finding one is often an indication that more are nearby. Rather than one may believe the Mushroom does not make you hallucinate. Its use is similar to other Consumables.
The Mushroom can be obtained by picking it up anywhere in the world. Just move the cursor over the mushroom on the ground, and press the "Use" button (default "E") to put it into your inventory.
- The name of the item is Mushroom; however when the player mouses over a mushroom in the world it will show as a Wild Mushroom.
- Mushrooms as of right now have no chance of being toxic. They are not cookable and also do not spoil.
- Mushrooms only provide a decent benefit when used in a stack.
- Being easy to find, mushrooms are okay for nourishing players who do not have the resources to hunt.
- The white-dotted red mushrooms as seen in the game are not edible in real life for either nourishment or psychedelic use. Do NOT eat these outside of the Rust universe.