The Hazmat Suit is a clothing item that provides a high level of protection against Radiation. Much like Bone Armor, the Hazmat Suit is a one-piece clothing set. While this armor provides moderate protection against melee or ranged damage, it is notable for giving the player the ability to traverse areas with lethal levels of radiation.
The Factory Building in the Launch Site and the Broken Cooling Tower at the Power Plant are currently the only areas in procedural generated maps that requires more radiation protection than the Hazmat Suit can offer.
When placed in a Recycler, the Hazmat Suit will yield:
- Wearers of the Hazmat Suit are susceptible to ranged and melee damage.
- The Hazmat Suit is high-profile, making it easier for other players to spot you.
- Thanks to the Hazmat Suit's radiation protection, it is feasible to escape into highly radioactive zones to elude potential attackers.
- It is found in some item drops, although the chances of this are rare.
- Can be researched for 125 scrap, and requires a Workbench Level 2.
- Often refered by players as "Hazy" or "Rad suit".