—Information accurate as of: build 904.83
The Candle Hat is a clothing item that is used to illuminate the area in a small radius around the player, similar to a torch. It is equipped on the head section of the player, but will not be turned on until it is selected in the Inventory screen and the "Ignite" button is pressed, to extinguish the fire, for example in stealth situations, there will be an "Extinguish" button replacing the "Ignite" button - alternatively the assigned Hotkey (default F) can be pressed to ignite and extinguish it. An ideal situation for using the Candle Hat would be performing actions during the night or in darkened areas.
The Candle Hat can be crafted with:
- It takes 30 seconds to craft one Candle Hat.
- Provides light for 35 sec for 1 low grade fuel
- Candle Hats can also be found in the minecarts and boxes within cave systems.
- The Candle Hat was originally conceptualized in an earlier Devblog, but work on the Candle Hat was not started until much later.
- It is unknown if the Candle Hat's flame goes out when the player's head is underwater.