The Assault Rifle is a high powered automatic rifle. Together with the Bolt Action Rifle, it's a high-tier firearm capable of firing powerful rounds at long range, at the cost of high recoil and being a scarce find with expensive ingredients to craft it, almost more expensive than the Bolt Action Rifle. The assault rifle is a good close to medium range weapon; good for raids.
The Assault Rifle can be crafted with
It takes 180 seconds to craft.
- A shot fired directly upwards takes 22 seconds to return to Earth.
- On the right side of the rifle's body, a small smiley face sticker is seen.
- The stock of the weapon is actually the handle of a shovel; this is likely a parody of the many uses of an AK, because they have been rumoured to have been used in the field for as many things as frying eggs or digging holes. It might also be a reference to the famous gallery demonstrating a person making a fully functional AK out of a shovel (link)
- Can be obtained from the Attack Helicopter
- Although it resembles the AK-47 it is actually based on the AK-101.
- The AK is otherwise known as the Avtomat Kalashnikova.
- This weapon is one of the most controversial guns of Rust, and the number of "AKs" a group has often dictates their fighting power.
- Most groups utilize this weapon as a "standard-issue" rifle for most members.